FOUR GENERATIONS--All with the same name!

Back in early August, we were blessed to have my parents and my grandma visit. Pictured here are four generations of women: Donna Marie, Julie Marie, Kelli Marie, and Meredith Marie. My great-grandma, Ruth Marie, passed away while I was pregnant with Meredith. And, before Ruth Marie was Mable Marie. (I always knew God would bless me with a daughter... he'd have to for me to keep the Marie thing going.)

In September, my mom, sister, and niece came for a weekend of tomato canning. Pictured here are Meredith and Grace (5 months apart).

Jill and I peeled around 150 pounds of tomatoes!

After we peeled the tomatoes, Meema canned them in my hot kitchen. We made probably around 50-60 quarts of stewed tomatoes, salsa, and chili soup mix.

And while we worked, the girls played.
1 comment:
Canning tomatoes has always been one of my favorite things to do. Maybe next year we can do it all together. I hope to be retired by then. Just think by then there will be another person in the kitchen. Wonder if it will be a boy or girl. Hmm!
Grandma D
Post a Comment