Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jumbalaya!

Last Saturday we had another Jumbalaya Party with some fellow faculty members. Basically the male teachers get together and put whatever they can find in a pot and make it as spicy as possible. They call this mixture jumbalaya. Saturday's round involved sausage, chicken, shrimp, rice, noodles, peppers, onions, chili pepper, more spices, etc. I won't eat it. Regardless, it was fun to get together outside of school! Here's some pictures of the event.
The men who did the cooking.

Uncle Tim was there to spoil his goddaughter!

The host, Bob, was as eager as anyone to try out the jumbalaya.

Don't worry, we didn't feed the jumbalaya to the babies!

Kelli

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith ~ Do you have a ponytail? Meema could cry as it's not fun watching you grow up via a computer screen. I want to play with you in person!!! Hopefully soon!

Hugs! Meema

Feige Family said...

I love the pony Meredith! It looks like Dad was enjoying the get together - I think Jumbalaya sounds good. Kisses and Hugs!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

So that's what was going on while I was gone! I wish I had been there too, but I wouldn't be eating jumbalaya either!!!

Hope I'm there next time!

Jan Kasten