Monday, July 20, 2009

Day trip to Chicago!

Last Wednesday we took our first day trip to Chicago. Aaron, Meredith and I parked downtown and spent the afternoon at Navy Pier before meeting up with the rest of Aaron's family at a restaurant downtown. We had a great time and are hoping to do it again soon.

Aaron and Meredith standing at the entrance of Navy Pier. Even though the pier is right on Lake Michigan, there was little breeze and it was SO HOT! We stopped about halfway down the pier so Meredith and Aaron could have ice cream.

Here's Meredith and I with part of the downtown Chicago skyline in the background.

The whole Staub family! Aaron's brother Michael and his wife Clare (from Houston) are on the left. Aaron's parents Arlys and Scott in the middle. That's Uncle Jeremy in front. This day was the very first time that we were all together since Meredith had been born.

Aaron taught Meredith how to "pound it" last week. She's doing it here with Uncle Jer. We met in Chicago really to surprise Jeremy--he flew into OHare that day from Venice. He had been traveling in Spain, Austria and Italy for choir tour for college. We wanted to also meet him to say goodbye--he flew to Hawaii yesterday because he got a teaching job in Maui!

Uncle Michael and Aunt Clare again with Meredith. We miss them a lot and even though they live all the way in Houston, hopefully we'll get to see them soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great seeing the WHOLE Staub family together. Your smiles tell exactly how much fun everyone was having. Miss Meredith was certainly enjoying herself too!!! Best wishes Jeremy! You are always so willing to take an adventure and spread the word of Jesus Christ. We thank you for your time and effort to teach His word. I'm sure you will be getting visitors from the 'mainland'. Who knows, it might be Jerry & I!!!!! Have a great rest of the summer everyone!

Meema Julie and the gang

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

Thank you so much for the surprise. What a great way to come home. I am going to miss seeing you all. Maybe the next time I see Meredith she will know how to explode the fist after pounding it. If you need explanations on how to do this, just ask and I will explain. Feel free to visit Maui! Love and miss you all!
Uncle Jer